Most businesses, school, after school, and nonprofit entities are under the assumption that they are saving money having an in-house shuttle bus system rather than outsourcing this to a transportation provider.
Pinnacle Transportation Solutions has worked with various entities to service their client base and develop specialized programs using driver only shuttle operations. We will show the advantages of using Pinnacle Transportation Solutions for your driver only route system.
- Insurance needed to protect everyone in case of any incident: $1,000,000 with $2,000,000 aggregate at a minimum. Pinnacle Transportation Solutions carries an ADDITIONAL $5,000,000 umbrella coverage to the minimum coverage needed.
- Background checks necessary: Pinnacle Transportation Solutions performs several key checks: MVR, Background, Drug, & Sex Offenders.
- Safety and emergency training.
Breakdown on additional hourly costs
- Insurance… $18.55 per hour per driver
- Background checks…. $2.81 per hour per driver
- Safety and emergency…. $2.15 per hour per driver
This would total $23.51 per driver per hour ADDITIONAL to the driver’s hourly wage which averages between $9.00 – $11.00 per hour per driver. With that said, an entity could possibly be paying $36.93 per driver per hour after tax loads are added as well.
Based on an average of 4 hours per day (2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon) multiplied by a five (5) day work week and multiplied by 50 weeks for a yearly scale, we are looking at annual payout of $36,390 per driver.
Pinnacle Transportation Solutions would be able to save an entity anywhere from 15% to 20% of the cost and in some cases up to 25%. This is due to our long-standing relationships with our insurance and back of the house providers. As our costs are lower, we pass on the savings to our clients.
As we all know, employees can call out for any reason. An entity might think they can have one of their managers “jump” on a bus and drive. Why would they want to place that kind of liability on themselves and the entity? As Pinnacle Transportation Solutions has extra drivers ready at any given time, the entity would not have to worry, and a seamless operation can prevail.
Pinnacle Transportation Solutions would service any entity considering a driver only transportation system. We would be able to cut costs, provide optimal insurance coverages using a well trained and fully insured staff. Pinnacle Transportation Solutions would service the routes seamlessly and professionally. This would also enhance the overall appearance of not only the route system, but also of the entity as well.