Building owners who are challenged with parking issues have several options to consider when the question comes up “What do I do when I need more parking?”
Shuttle programs can be designed to fit your goals and budget if your parking is full. A shuttle can be a solution for tenants/employees for access to mass transit, park & rides, offsite designated pick up lots. In addition, a shuttle can be an added amenity to the property for destinations that employees want to go to during the day: food, shopping, professional services and medical.
- From a designated pick up point to the property on a regular schedule for tenants’ employees
If you currently have a parking management firm or you’re considering to put one in place, the key for you is to have a complete overview of your issues and concerns for the following topics:
- Pricing Model
- Valet (with stacking)
- Restripe of Spaces
Construction of New Spaces
Adding additional new parking spaces can come with a heavy price tag but if you need the spaces, make sure to look at all your options. There’s very creative parking structures being added to projects all over the country including structures that become amenities for projects.
- $35-40K per space underground
- $25-35K per space above ground
- $7.5K per space (plus land)
Have a knowledge of walkable parking lots from your property with available spaces and pricing. Many of these lots will provide discounted prices for guaranteed users.
- Parking lots: office buildings, hotels, retail centers, churches, vacant lots
Have all information for mass transit in the area to promote to the tenants’ employees and give them benefits to use it on a regular basis. To be successful you must promote the opportunities in the market:
In today’s market, alternatives are becoming more accessible and practical to reduce the parking problems for a property. Make sure to research alternative transportation methods in your market area.
- Taxi, Uber, Zip Car
- Bike, scooter, motorcycle
- Employee carpooling programs
This relatively new concept can provide real-time space availability and data, minute by minute if you have parking issues. The goal is to give you the information you need to make a determination if you need more parking.
10 Advantages for installing the parking guidance system
- Employee Ratios – count can be tracked by the minute, hour, and Daily to show who is parking
where and how many spaces are being used by each tenant.
- Open Environment – Most systems allows easy entrance and exit flow, and can be simultaneously added
to the existing system.
- Fast Installation – Approximately 90 days to install. The cost is flexible with either upfront
capital investment or installed as a lease technology to be added to the buildings operating
expenses (paid by the tenants).
- Easy Operational Use – Enhance your parking operation company as the system can be
operated by them and/your existing building property management staff or security staff.
- Lighted Guidance System – the building can direct visitors to specific spaces when coming to
the building i.e. brokers with prospects, VIPs and/or tenant group meetings.
- Tenant Satisfaction – starting from easy-to-read entry signs, clear visual EasyGuide colored
LED indicators, your customers will appreciate the speed, efficiency and increased safety
factor when parking in your garage.
- Security– the building parking decks will be enhanced with ownership knowing who is where at
- Maximize Revenue – the system will easily allow you to set variable parking rates based on
individual parking spots, volume or location.
- Tenant Sustainability – employees to spend 33% less time
finding parking spaces saves gas and less omissions.
- Data Information – the sensors will provide ownership with real-time data and easy access for
reports to be generated off the systems dashboard i.e. more control for ownership.